From artists and honorees to TV stations and times, here’s everything a country music fan needs to know about CMT Celebrates Our Heroes: An Artists of the Year Special.
- Date: June 3
- Time: 8 p.m. ET/PT, 7 p.m. CT
- Location: Virtual
- Television Stations: CMT, Paramount Network, Pop TV, TV Land
- Performers and Participants: Blake Shelton, Gary Sinise, Jake Owen, Jason Aldean, Keith Urban, Lee Brice, Olivia Munn, Reba McEntire, Scarlett Johansson, Sean Penn, Zac Brown, Brandi Carlile, Carrie Underwood, Darius Rucker, Kane Brown, Kristen Bell, Lauren Daigle, Luke Combs, Sam Hunt, Tim McGraw, Brothers Osborne, Bobby Bones, Cody Alan, Florida Georgia Line, Kelsea Ballerini, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Miranda Lambert and Thomas Rhett
- Honorees: COVID-19 heroes in the following categories: Healthcare, Education, Business, Community Leaders, Food Industry, Infrastructure, First Responders, US Military, and more
- Highlights: The two-hour special will feature one-of-a-kind tributes and performances as the stars perform from their own homes. The show will highlight stories of unsung heroes who have done exceptional things for their communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Extra: The 2020 CMT Music Awards—originally slated for June 3—will take place on October 14. The fan-voted CMT Awards hand out trophies in a number of categories, including Video of the Year, Collaborative Video of the Year, Breakthrough Video of the Year and more.
photos: Miranda Lambert by Curtis Hilbun, AFF-USA.com: Carrie Underwood, Blake Shelton, Keith Urban by Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com